Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pretty good day

Found these three at a old site today. The first is a 1909 half dollar the second is a 1877 dime and the other is another dime but is to worn down to get a date. I have a quick question what is a safe way to clean these coins up.

First I'd check a reputable coin key date book. make sure none of them are rare key dates. If their yawners, and mostly worth the silver melt value, then I make a paste of baking soda a pinch of salt and enough water to stay dry/pasty. pretty mild on them and should bro=ing em back to good as new. Or the slow way is foil in boiling water with baking soda and a pinch of salt and it will turn a bit at a time. Nice finds!

Those are some pretty sweet finds! Be careful with them like msareborn said until you know what you've got..you can ruin the value by just rubbing them with your fingers...:clapping:
Let us know..
Mud

We'll I still haven't cleaned any of them yet but I was wrong on the date of the dime that you can see the date on. When I got in better lighting and a magnifying glass the date is 1857.