Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Probably not a deal breaker for most on the new Racer... but if the early news release

Mark ( ohio )

If I remembered correctly, early on it was stated that the detector does NOT retain the last operating mode used and always reverts back to default when turned back on... Does anyone think this is a small hassle on having to reset everything where you last hunted ?? Would it really be that large of a manufacturing $$ to have the detector turn back on to where you last had it set ?

Maybe this has already been addressed and corrected.. I work a hell of a lot and can't keep up on ALL the threads...

Any thoughts..

Mark ( ohio )

This has been mentioned by quite a few reviewers and potential buyers.
Many people think the failure to retain settings is a flaw, or at least a small
negative factor. Others say that the default settings are pretty good and
it's quick to change a couple of settings if you need to. Some even think
it's a positive factor that you're forced to review your settings so you don't
accidentally leave your previous settings as they were, thinking they were
something else the last time you detected.

I suspect regular Racer users will get used to the turn-on procedure quickly,
flipping rapidly through the menus to change what they want to change.
But I won't know if that's true for me until I receive my Racer and start using
it every day.

Hi Mark,this is Markmac as far as the new racer not keeping your last settings to me personally its no big deal why I say that is most times I never keep my Omega set the same way each time Im out hunting with it as far as sensitivity settings or disc settings or any notch settings depending on the site Im detecting at.I like being able to set a detector up to the area im hunting so having a saving of last hunt doesn't mean much to me.Monte and a few others have had some excellent reviews and tips on this new Makro Rcer and they all seem to be very EXCITED about the performance and ease of setting this detector up..I wish it had a notch feature but then again I don't use that all the time with my Omega so that as well will not stop me from buying a Racer.I was thinking about a new t2 but the more I read about all the good things and praise this detector is getting on the forum my mind is drifting to the new racer this spring as well..Have a great summer and best of luck to you and all that enjoy our hobby...Markmac...PS To me half the fun is learning a new detector changing settings learning how it will react in diff areas with diff tone,s diff gain, diff disc settings,yes a turn on and go is simple and fine but for me I want to play around and find what works best to the area im in......Markmac

Markmac said:
PS To me half the fun is learning a new detector changing settings learning how it will react in diff areas with diff tone,s diff gain, diff disc settings,yes a turn on and go is simple and fine but for me I want to play around and find what works best to the area im in......Markmac

Now that you mention it, this is a real good point. On machines I have set to notch or other settings where it is saved have actually probably caused more trouble the next time I turn it on. Then I have to un-do the settings for the new place I am in or play around with the gain or disc. On the machines that reset I think they have been less of a problem than it would seem. Maybe the only exception would be if you have a unit with a bunch of custom settings, turn if off for a break, then go back to detecting and have to remember how you had it set up. But the Racer only has a few settings and adjusting a couple of knobs/push buttons) is simple and apparently effective.

Not a problem for me..it's like starting your car and warming it up not a big deal...if the machine does what we have read and we can see though that masking for me its not a big deal in fact I look forward to it

For the price we are paying and for the preformance we are getting who cares about keeping settings on a easy machine to progarm

Markmac said:
Hi Mark,this is Markmac as far as the new racer not keeping your last settings to me personally its no big deal why I say that is most times I never keep my Omega set the same way each time Im out hunting with it as far as sensitivity settings or disc settings or any notch settings depending on the site Im detecting at.I like being able to set a detector up to the area im hunting so having a saving of last hunt doesn't mean much to me.Monte and a few others have had some excellent reviews and tips on this new Makro Rcer and they all seem to be very EXCITED about the performance and ease of setting this detector up..I wish it had a notch feature but then again I don't use that all the time with my Omega so that as well will not stop me from buying a Racer.I was thinking about a new t2 but the more I read about all the good things and praise this detector is getting on the forum my mind is drifting to the new racer this spring as well..Have a great summer and best of luck to you and all that enjoy our hobby...Markmac...PS To me half the fun is learning a new detector changing settings learning how it will react in diff areas with diff tone,s diff gain, diff disc settings,yes a turn on and go is simple and fine but for me I want to play around and find what works best to the area im in......Markmac
Hi guys,
I don't see any problem with this.
No notch doesn't bother us either.
It looks like a few seconds will adjust it to how you want it.
My pre-order is already in for two of them and I'm sure it'll be easy for us to adjust them.

Personally I do prefer saving last settings in case I take a lunch break or whatever. But once you use a Racer you will see how simple it is to set up. The default gain is 70, & that's about where I run it. If I choose to go up to 80 it takes 2 seconds on the keypad. Ground balance & go...
A simple detector with a ton of raw power. Can't wait for this snow to melt! I'm gonna be very busy with the racer on alotta my old sites....

Turn on, select mode, ground balance and detect. Nothing to change really. These macHines are more about detecting and finDing than how to set up. I'm sure everyone will realize that soon. There's nothing there to change.

You should take along your deus and trun the sens down and the reactivity up to four Tx power at 1-2 and silencer at -1 and see how it hunts up against the racer...

I have the T2 and it doesnt save the last settings. It takes about ten seconds to set up and get going. Its not like an etrac or deus with multiple menus where you have to go deep into the settings to fine tune it.