Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Problems with gold program (10)

I wanted to test this program as I do some prospecting here in New Mexico. I had a glass vial with about 7 small "pickers" as we call them, about 16 grains of gold. I could not get a reading with my Deus when directly over the vial. I then went and got a 14k gold pendant about the size of a half dollar and this the Deus had no trouble picking up. Anyone have any ideas why it didn't pick up the glass vial? (I checked the gold in the vial with a Falcon Gold Tracker and it tested as gold.)

The unit is detecting each piece of gold as a single nugget... it is too small for the frequency (18 kHz). This is also true with fine gold chains, it detects each individual link.

i have a .9 gram nugget buried at 2",and the Deus in program 10 picked it up loud and clear.Did you ground balance it when you turned it to that program?

Schultzie said:
The unit is detecting each piece of gold as a single nugget... it is too small for the frequency (18 kHz). This is also true with fine gold chains, it detects each individual link.

This is correct. You can have a pile of very small gold and it is NOT detectable

Schultzie said:

Bingo the gold you have is to small to pick up.

This begs the question: what size gold can it detect. We already had one reply which said he could pick up a nugget about a little less than 1 gram (about 16 grains to a gram). My vial had the pickers all together at a little over 1 gram so I can't see how the Deus would see them individually?

That's the way a detector does. Same way with a gold chain, the single link is what is detected. This is all detectors, not just the Deus. Take your pickers out and test them individually.

fastensmooth said:
This begs the question: what size gold can it detect. We already had one reply which said he could pick up a nugget about a little less than 1 gram (about 16 grains to a gram). My vial had the pickers all together at a little over 1 gram so I can't see how the Deus would see them individually?

There are 24 grains to one dwt, 20 dwt to a troy oz. 480 grains to a troy oz. simple.. Why does everyone these days want to combine two units of weight? Converting troy to grams is ridiculous. (20 dwt or 24 gr. to 31.1034768 grams) The troy weight system has worked for 500 yrs.