Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Proposed winter modifications to my Sov XS

A

Anonymous

Hi all,
My plans for the winter include taking all possible extra weight off the Sov and shielding the unit in the attempt to prevent or reduce the interference I have been plagued with the last year or so.
I am going to try to make an ultra lightweight fiberglass shaft for the unit. it will be a straight shaft mod and will be a fixed size to eliminate the weight needed for an adjustable unit.
Shielding plans include moving the controls from the plastic housing into a light aluminum housing. Using shielded cable wherever possible and grounding it. I am also going to play with a shield over the preamp part of the coil (top of coil only) air testing before and after.
I intend to move the probe switch to the new aluminum housing for the detector and use a cable plug for the probe putting an extra connector in the housing for the probe.
Of course the remote pinpoint switch using the coil cable (no extra wires) I use now will be incorporated.
Being a fan of the simplicity and effectiveness of the old bar meter, I am going to use that but will try to shield it or put it in a lightweight aluminum housing as well.
This is the plan, I have to get the use of my right arm back after the recent rotator cuff surgery first.
I will keep you posted of the progress as things play out.
Dan