Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Prospecting: anyone tried yet?

I would if he had gold here in Oklahoma! lol I can tell you even on the 11.8 khz setting its VERY sensitive. I imagine the 18 khz would do pretty darn good on nuggets.

I did a test at my local detector shop a couple of weeks ago and we found that the Deus does an AMAZING job at detecting gold. As many on here know, I am complete lover of Minelabs, however, the tiny nuggets we were testing were completely invisible to any of my detectors even when rubbing them on the coils. The Deus, however, was able to pick up tiny nuggets from up to 6 inches from the coil. By tiny nuggets I mean mere specks of gold. My local detector shop is a dealer for XP as well and he and I both simply could not believe how well the Deus did on 18khz with tiny gold. There was not a machine in the shop that did better (other than gold-specific detectors of course). I am sure the Deus would make a fine prospecting machine as well as a great machine for almost everything else when you are not prospecting. If only the Deus could be used in the water, then other manufacturers would really have a problem on their hands as this is one fine machine. Hope this helps answer your question. HH -Marc

Did you use a set program or did you use your own settings? Any suggestions for custom settings that would maximize it's potential for prospecting?

I will be back at my local detecting shop within the next week to pic up my new detector. I will do some testing with his gold samples and maybe even make a quick video to figure out some good settings. I was planning on doing this test between the large and small coil anyway. Mind you, the results of this test would represent the results of an air-test. Air-tests are not the best way to figure out the best settings for your detector. Air tests can show us a good place to start our tweaking process. I'll pm you if/when I get the testing done. HH -Marc