Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulse Induction Detector Class to start soon!

A

Anonymous

I think I have two of the best guys out there lined up to give this class. I will announce the starting date this week.
Thanks... Guvner

Hi
Count me in as I need to know the pros & cons of buying a Surfmaster PI
Thanks Kenny

Last month I met another slope hunter here on the West coast who was using a Fisher Impulse w/6" coil. I also have one as a backup w/10" coil. He mentioned he had tweaked his board to get more depth. When I later got to see his 32 oz. Mayonaise jar full of gold rings and another collection of large gold rings, all with stones, I came away a believer that he was at least an exceptional hunter that knew how to use his machine to its ultimate capabilities. I've used just about every machine available today, and currently hammer the slopes with an Excal.1000 w/WOT coil. We are both persistant, patient, and thorough slope hunters. Yet, his consistant gold production is just fantastic. We've both used our comparitive machines for about the last seven years (two months w/Wot on my Excal.) If you have any insights into what he's doing that I'm not, you've got my full attention. PS - I've found my fair share of gold also, but not in the quantities he's doing. We both dig the faint whispers and shadow whiffs too. Thanks in advance---Rick

I am looking forward to this indeed! I am intrigued by PI machines but am afraid I guess. Perhaps this forum will dispell my fears and allow me to add one to my arsenal.

I have had the Surfmaster PI for about 4 years now. The box leaked at least 4 times. I have hunted the beaches on Oahu, Hawaii and have had fairly decent luck but there were some guys and gals that out-detected me consistently. Sometimes they were using the same detector. I think there are other better detectors to use in the water, I am leaning heavily towards MineLab for my next detector. I want a little discrimination in my next detector (personal preference on my part).
I have included a site for you to check out. Look for the dealer on Oahu that I bought my metal detector from his name is Rolf. I know they made improvements on the PI but the box is large so Use di-electric grease (check out your automotive parts dealer) to seal the box (I found this tip out after flooding my box 4 times).

Hi Rick,
There are lots of questions that enter into your question. Let me take a stab at it.
I didn

Bill, the slope hunter I was talking about is retired and hunts 4 to 6 hours at a time. The places he usually favors to grid are done at a minus tide or he won't even go to those spots. His Fisher Impulse has an 8" coil, not the 6" I mentioned earlier. He's retired, so that explains part of the equation. The other pertinent face is he digs everything he hears and I mean everything! He will spend one hour and may only advance 50 feet along the slope parallel with the water. When he's done with a section it looks like it's been ploughed and tilled. He wears rubbler boots, but I've never seen him in waders. He digs with a round point shovel and uses a hand scoop to finish off with. Anyway, his gold production is similar to any other great water hunter you could name. Needless to say, I was greatly impressed with the gold finds he showed me.---Rick
P.S. I will do the side by side depth test betweem both our Fisher Impulses and also my Excal.w/WOT next time we hook up.

I think you answered your own questions with this last post. Good luck
Bill
<< Bill, the slope hunter I was talking about is retired and hunts 4 to 6 hours at a time. >>
<<The other pertinent face is he digs everything he hears and I mean everything! He will spend one hour and may only advance 50 feet along the slope parallel with the water. When he's done with a section it looks like it's been ploughed and tilled.>>