Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Pulse Induction Detector Class

We live in an area that was once an old lake bed, The soil is a fine sand with a spotty light covering of top soil. Every few feet there is a stringer of black sand probably deposited by wave action some time in the geological past. Some of the stringers are almost vertical, others are more horizontal covering a swath two or three feet wide. Either type drive detectors wild as the iron mineralization content is very high. I have been considering the purchase of a Pulse Induction unit but do not need something rated for a 199' deeper then I am ever likely to wade. My questions are as follows: #1 Will a Pulse Induction unit cut through the black sand mineralization and handle the type of conditions I have described? #2 Is it necessary to pay for all that water tight overhead when you won't be going more than a foot or two into the water?

Paul,
The PI unit will work there providing that the black sand is not made up of iron ore.
1) I have not had a problem with most black sand areas, if so they are ground canceling PI detectors that will work, but they are expensive. I would try and borrow a PI unit to try out in that area.
2) There is approximately 1.25 p.s.i on the case at 2

Bill: thanks for the information. The black sand is primarily iron ore. There is so much in the water around here that water heaters fill up with rust and short out within three to four years even if you flush them regularly. I don't know why but I had been under the impression that black sand was black sand and that was where the Pulse Induction units shine. Any suggestions about what type of unit might work?

Hi Paul,
There are different types of black sand. In the UK, and presumably elswhere, there is often a black looking layer about a foot down which detectorists call black sand. In fact, this is decaying organic matter in the sand (particles of seaweed) which at that depth is deprived of oxygen (anerobic) and decays, leaving a carbonaceous deposit. This

jim you need to stay in the game! what about the cuda were does it stand? how does it compare to the aquastar? well. talk too us jim let us now your comments. troy!!!!!

Troy,
It is a bit unfair to ask Jim Pugh what he thinks of the Aquastar. Jim has not seen an Aquastar, let alone used one and as the manufacturer of the Barracuda, he has his own interests to pursue. I am shortly sending Aquastars to Bill Crabtree and Terry Crenshaw in Hawaii who will use them, test them and report in due course. Much better to compare user reports on different machines as a basis for evaluation.
Eric.

Hi All
Nice picture but is that the result of one or two hours detecting?
Bob UK (CZ user)

that picture was sent to me by mike robbinson along time ago jim dont play games, nice try ya now what im sayin.whitespulse 2 ?????/ baracucha are still great detectors coochee coochee