Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Q; what metal hits solid 74 unmoving :detecting:

amberjack

found a cameo several diamonds took them out so they don't get lost but it looks gold but when i found it went all around the target before digging it was solid 74 no moving at all , thought that was silver range?

cheers for the help :clapping:

it is strange but my 1st reaction before i dug was i got a good one here! rocks look and feel real maybe i had better have them tested to make sure!!

its in all likelyhood plated over some base metal. It also may be plated over silver. high VIDs do not necessarily mean sliver. VID's indicate conductance.........not any specific metal.

yes maybe copper it was just the fact that the numbers didn't move usually they move some this was 74 no moving at all that's what got my interest up!

Hey Amberjack
The size of a object also will cause higher vdis even on gold as well as the purity of the gold. The highest Vdi I have had so far on gold was 79 very steady it was 10k and a little bigger than a half dollar.
P.S Have you got out to use your PI yet?
HH

HI godigit1

yes i think it was copper pretty small so yep junk but got me excited :clapping:

had the PI about 2 weeks sure is a beast, i like it though!! dig a lot of bobby pins :nopity: it goes deep just waiting on a scoop so i can look in the water a bit, will be here midweek. wonder whats down there? took the bug out the other night nearly through it in the water after swinging the PI its so light the bug!! :clapping:

how you been going?

amberjack said:
HI godigit1

yes i think it was copper pretty small so yep junk but got me excited :clapping:

had the PI about 2 weeks sure is a beast, i like it though!! dig a lot of bobby pins :nopity: it goes deep just waiting on a scoop so i can look in the water a bit, will be here midweek. wonder whats down there? took the bug out the other night nearly through it in the water after swinging the PI its so light the bug!! :clapping:

how you been going?
Great Amberjack I just got back from working out of town and looking forward to hunting. We have ten days of rain for casted here, but I think I might try to hit some old hydraulic diggings close by.
I also Purchased a underwater PI last fall and cant wait for the snow to melt on some of the mountain lakes Ive been looking at.
Take it easy
Godigit

oh very good Godigit, hope the rain stays away for you its been raining here for 3 days and i am going nuts went out yesterday for a bit got soaking wet but had fun the DF have you used it much? i am starting to understand what its saying it does have disc in the tones i sure dug a lot of holes to find out :blink: depends on what your looking for i guess but iron is a long wide signal and bottle tops are fuzzy edges and well bobby pins i have to dig could be coins or jewelry. looking for those sharp edges they are the ones :clapping:

what do you find in hydraulic diggings? sounds interesting !!

Well on the G2 targets hit higher but gold will hit 45-58 so have you done an air test to see what VDI you are getting? You may have another mixed metal that the detector is seeing.

sgoss66 said:
It's interesting Low-Boy that most of your gold hits 45-58; in an air test my wedding band (fairly large, I forget the size :) ), 14K, hits a solid 70. It surprised me that it is that high.

Steve
SIZE MATTERS.:rofl:

I would dig it !! :yo: