Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quarter Jackpot!

ProHoofCare

As a farrier I get to ride all over the place and MD all the time. My MD I carry in my truck is a BH Prospector that I picked up for $99 on clearance. It is my "fun" MD. Well yesterday I was at a local park near the jungle gym, and I had a few dimes and some pennies. I decided to call it quits, but noticed one strip next to a table I hadn't checked. I was going over it quickly when my head phones went nuts. I scooped in the sand and I heard the familiar sound of a quarter against plastic, than it sounded like two. When the sand cleared out, I had 3 quarters! I went over the hole again and found a fourth quarter. I ended up with 12 quarters in a strip that was about 6 feet long and 2 feet wide. They were deep, about 5 to 7" down. They were all newer clad, but man when you hit 3 in one scoop I don't care who you are, that gets your blood pumping.

Mike
www.prohoofcare.com

Loved your post Mike! I hunt the dry sand area of the beaches out west here. (Monterey Bay area of California)
Nothing like seeing quarters in my scoop!! Even better when there is more than one!! :wiggle: The most I have found in one spot in close proximity to each other is 3 or 4 I think. WOW, 12 quarters in that small an area is super! :clapping:

Oh, sorry Mike didn't realize that! Hope you all came thru the fires O.K. Being a retired Marine has it's benefits, being able to hunt the beaches of Pendleton!
I was a Navy Seabee from '69 to '73, glad I had the opportunity!