Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quatro Digital Question For Doc

A

Anonymous

Doc,
Great postings & pix on the Quatro. A question, though. It appears that the Quatro displays a single digital readout as opposed to the Explorer's dual digital. Is this correct? If so, what exactly does the digital number reflect (ferrous, conductivity, an averaging of both, ?)?
Thanks!
Bill

Looks like its a conductive reading and they up'ed the total numbers from the explorer from 0-32 to -10 to 40
So there will be a little more distinguishing of targets..
I believe it said - numbers were ferrous and postive non ferrous, so that really only makes it 8 more notches on the non ferrous stuff.
So at least if your running the modes that use ferrous audio you can kind of get an idea by a mix of tone and digital what the target might be.
Take a crown cap which hits pretty good on teh explorer in ferrous but reads at teh bottom of the screen, so in relic mode on the Quattor it would still high tone but be a very low number if not negative.
Hot rocks which hit very high right on the explorer and give a high tone in either mode might be a bit tougher to distinguish unless the numbers are quite far from where large silver reads.. I assume hot rocks will read 40, hopefully silver dollars reaad 38 or less...
Need someone who has one to start giving out some numbers for targets, if no one does in the next week, I will see if David and I can do some playing around with one he brings to the GNRS

The digital number is a single display and it reflects what the processor has come up with in analyzing the target.
As the target is detected, the Quattro processes the signal and determines if it is either Ferrous or Non-Ferrous. If it is ferrous, a value of [-10] to [-1] is displayed depending on the ferrous content.
If the target is non-ferrous, the value will be [0] to [+40] based on the conductivity of the target.
You are partially correct in the way the ferrous tones work . . . . .
As far as numbers, I'm sure you will see people posting them soon . . . . . the book I will have out by the end of November will have several tables for different types of hunting and include not only US targets but those from Australia and Europe.
Let me know if anyone wants some specific information.
Andy Sabisch