Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quattro and E ll?

I have been reading some older postings on these two detectors. One person had bought the Quattro and hunted with his friend who owned the explorer ll. He mentioned that he wished he had gotten one instead because it sounded off better on deeper fringe targets then his did. Is this true?

The Quattro is the pre runner to the safari. I thank the safari is under rated over the etrac. Lot easier to set up then etrac. I have a safari and use 8 inch coil and can get a dime at about 9 inches. I did have a se . I didn't see it any deeper.

My safari is a deep seeker i use a 5x10 sef dd coil it matches the depth of the stock 11 fbs coil with better trash seperation the only thing that hurts the Safari is bad ground it just nulls so what i do is run it all metal and notch out from iron to foil and i notch out 40 (deep iron) i may not get out all the big iron but at least i can hear the goodies. Just sunday at a really bad trash/iron laiden cellar hole i used my Safari with these settings and got a nice quarter size flat button screaming in between the iron/trash also this is a very noisy crazy loud way to hunt and i even have to take breaks just saying. Thank you Paul

I have a 8 inch concentric coil on it and it well go a little deeper then the 11 inch coil that is a double d. I thank on the larger coils that cover more area not more depth.