Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

QUATTRO QUESTION?

johnny nj

HI everyone. i just got a quattro and i'm loving it, pulled a 1924 wheatie at 10" from my back yard that i had detected many times with my dfx. My question is what headphones work best with the quattro? any info would be great. thanks in advance.....johnny nj.

I like the Black Widows. I also have the Gray Ghost Originals and those are nice, but the Black Widows sound better with the Quattro in my opinion. They are very high quality, comfortable, and block out the outside noise exceptionally well. A little pricey, but worth it. Hope that helps.

Read, researched, etc. when looking for headphones for the Quattro. Troy phones impedance is 100 ohms which matches Quattro's output impedance. Wanted to try a pair, but couldn't find dealer near-by. I tried "Original" Gray Ghost, liked the sound quality, but not enough volume. The "Original" Gray Ghosts did have the limiter "hard-wired", which may have contributed to low volume. I tried a pair of new Sun Ray with the "on/off" switch for the limiter. The sound quality was good, much more volume than the "Original" Gray Ghosts, so I purchased them. They are comfortable and "work" for me.

I like the RAT phones. They are very well built, work very well with my Quattro in regard to tonal quality, are very well priced and they have a user replaceable cord. Also, I believe a life time warranty.
HH,
Bill