Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quattro

hudo

Hi Guys.
I have been using the QUATTRO since it first come out. The problem I find with it is it gives a beep and there is no target . Also going over a target it will beep 3 or 4 times and then the signal will disappear .Also having the threshold so you can just hear it. But the threshold goes while searching and comes back when you stop sweeping . Do any of you guys get the same problem. Hope you can help . HUDO.

Hello,

Nope, don't seem to have the problems that you describe.

Do you run the Noises Cancel immediately after turning the unit "on" and after Mode changes?
What Mode do you usually run?
What coil do you use?
What Sensitivity setting do you run?
Have you tried "Re-setting"?

Those beep you are hearing then disappear could be the falsing off of iron,Sometimes just going to pinpoint to see if this is where the target is or not. Now even before I go to pinpoint What i would do is see it is a repeatable beep first and then raise the coil off the target and to the side of the target so the threshold will reset. Now go back to that target and sweep the coil over it again and see if it is still there and if the tones stayed the same or changes.If it is still a good tone and ID I will be digging, but if the tones changes or nulls it is probably trash.
Now with the threshold comming and going this is probably nulling of any rejected targets or even the sensitivity set too high. What you can do is run all metal mode and set the sensitivity to auto and sweep over the ground, now see if it still nulls or you are hearing alot of signals. If there is alot of signals most of these could be disc out target which is nulling your threshold while running the mode of operation you are running plus the sensitivity too high causing this problem to be even worst.
Give this a try and see what it does and get back to us.

Rick