Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

quest x10pro

jimmy clark

would like to here from anyone who has used a quest x10pro waterproof detector. an from those who have used one water hunting. thanks for looking.

Own the X10, it's damn good. Me and a buddy believe they're better than the simplex. It's NOT the new waterproof Pro which also uses a different freq.

I had one but didn't keep it. The best improvement over the X10 was the headphone dongle instead of the exposed cap/plug on the back for the headphones. I didn't notice a difference between X10 and X10 pro in performance. The control box was very nice quality. The shaft was serviceable but felt cheap. Negatives: l did not like the annoying overload tone in iron. The X10 pro takes the X version coil, which is hard to find. The performance was about like a f22/f44 in my opinion. If you are after low cost and waterproof it is not bad. However, $100 more can get you the Q30, which is much nicer build quality, better sounding tones and features.

I had one but didn't keep it. The best improvement over the X10 was the headphone dongle instead of the exposed cap/plug on the back for the headphones. I didn't notice a difference between X10 and X10 pro in performance. The control box was very nice quality. The shaft was serviceable but felt cheap. Negatives: l did not like the annoying overload tone in iron. The X10 pro takes the X version coil, which is hard to find. The performance was about like a f22/f44 in my opinion. If you are after low cost and waterproof it is not bad. However, $100 more can get you the Q30, which is much nicer build quality, better sounding tones and features.
have you known anyone who has used the q30 water hunting? I cant find a video at all on utube of anyone using a Quest waterproof detector In the water.

I believe addictedtobleeps on YouTube has one. He has a series on the Q30. I had mine in a creek before but only dunked it briefly just to test it. I like mine despite the made in China part that scares people off and general negativity from most people. I like all brands though. I liked the X10's as well.

I believe addictedtobleeps on YouTube has one. He has a series on the Q30. I had mine in a creek before but only dunked it briefly just to test it. I like mine despite the made in China part that scares people off and general negativity from most people. I like all brands though. I liked the X10's as well.
What I mean by has one is that he goes underwater with it. Sorry I didn't clarify.

I take that back it was Englandshistory but addictedtobleeps also has good videos on the Q30

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208-230910.png
    Screenshot_20230208-230910.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 88
What I mean by has one is that he goes underwater with it. Sorry I didn't clarify.
How many parts, even in American made detectors, like micro chips an such, I wonder came from China. I have a detector made in turkey. like you said for me what ever works.

I buy, use, and sell detector often. I've had the Q20, X10, X5, X10 Pro, Q30, HuntMate pinpointer, x-pointer. I didn't keep them but I used most for a good 6 months. I did keep the Q30.I also didn't have any issues with any of them. That cheap HuntMate (no longer available) worked great and I used it for 3 years before I gave it away to someone new to detecting who bought the Ace 200. I like all brands and have done the same with them. Bottom line though is no issues with Quest. Get what you can afford or want.

would like to here from anyone who has used a quest x10pro waterproof detector. an from those who have used one water hunting. thanks for looking.
I have had my x10 pro for about 2 years. Love it. Light weight and well designed. I prefer it to my Minelab vanquish 540 with the small coil. The vanquish is my backup. Vanquish= poor design for balance. Rechargeable batteries are a pain. Rechargeable wireless headphones a pain. Not enough audio power to run my killerB wired headphones.