Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about a Fisher 1266

A

Anonymous

How much is a mint condition 1266 worth? I stopped to ask permission to hunt around an old farmhouse today and the owner asked me if I'd like to buy a detector. He brought out a mint 1266. He said he only used it once and couldn't figure it out, so he put it up. He asked me to make him an offer. Not sure what they're worth since I've never had one. Any help would be appreciated. It does have an eliptical on it.
Mike

My opinion would be $200. If you can really use it, and it is "as new" in good working order I might go as high as $300, but no more than that. I'd offer the guy $150 and see what happens.

Nick has a good idea to start low and go higher if needed. Certainly don't want to cheat anyone, remember 1266 has been around for a long time and although not used still many have old internals and may fail so you may need what you save for repairs. On the other hand may never have a problem with it as many 1265's the father of the 1266 are still around and going strong.Remember its a super deep seeking machine that is nosiy and takes some time to learn the audio responses. Many readers having used one years would definetly say go for it...

I'd say around $250 is a fair price. I've seen excellent condition "66's" go for a tad more or less. IF you're intent is to try it and resell it, go for it. IF you're looking for a non-ID Fisher, I'd recommend that you consider paying a little more and look for a good condition 1270. IMHO from personal experience, the 1270 is worth the extra bucks upfront.

I use a 1266x and its a deep seeking machine. Just buy a good pair of headphones also. I paid about 550 for mine about 8 years ago and I have found plenty of civil war relics. I think if you can get it for 300 dollars and decide to sell it, I think you could sell it for about 150 more than you paid. Plus it would make a great back up machine.
Joe Reb

Hey there mike ,I have used my 1266 for over 10
years now. Have found lots of relics and coins.
I hope the old boy didn't leave the batteries in
it all this time, If so it might need a lot of work.
Da Pin!