Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about my Minelab GPX 4500

Kevin B.

Today, I noticed that I could not keep an even threshold, even after noise cancel and ground balancing. There was no metal in the ground at this spot. I would hold the coil up in the air and the threshold would smooth out perfectly. But when I lowered the coil to the ground, it would start slightly wavering. What setting should I use to quieten it down to a level hum?? My RX Gain is at the Factory Preset (8 or 9??). I don't want to lower the gain too much, as I am trying to find the deep stuff in this campsite. I did find a nice carved bullet today and a nice bayonet scabbard tip yesterday, along with some other items.....none of which was extremely deep. Anyway, I appreciate any feedback. Thanks.....kevin

Anytime I run into these type issues I first just do a factory reset. This usually will fix anything I may have gotten out of wack. Don't be scared to choose a less aggressive gain and soil timing as you will still get very good depth. Tweak the stabilizer up enough to get the threshold smoothed out. You will be much more successful with a smooth threshold running less aggressive than running it on the edge of erratic. Good luck and

post-1-0-27502400-1427242673.jpg

a problem I had to remedy by moving these items from my side to my backside

Dave I use the Garrett AT and in reading your post I do have it on my detector side. Will try this today as I had the same type issues on yesterdays trip. thx

Try another coil. I had to send my 11 inch coil back with the same problem. But try another coil first. Cut your gain to 5. Hope this helps.