Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about settings

I hunt old foundations and I use the Pro mode zero disc,with iron disc at 35. Iron tone ID off. Listen for the good solid signals near iron signals. see my post from Saturday what I found and most of those targets were in the same hole or next to iron nails. The AT Pro can really seperate targets. JMO

chuck because he is not looking for iron in that configuration. If you want to relic hunt you should then have iron audio on and look for deep targets first. And you will be digging a lot of nails anyways. But for other stuff not being iron at pro should do really good in an iron infested area. Thats the point.

My approach to iron nails identification has to do with pinpointing. The false signal most detectors suffer from on those pesky nails comes from the pointed end. When you pinpoint it(detection pattern) focuses on the most mass which is the nails head. The key is to visualize the targets location while using motion mode, and then when you pinpoint if the location moves slightly off to the side, most likely it will be a nail. With a little practice this works very well for pretty much any detector.

i don't have the at pro, just trying to learn some things about it. i guess most iron is eliminated at 35, if not wouldn't the iron and some targets sound alike with the iron audio off. thanks