Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question about the X-30 fixed Ground Balance

In some cases the X-30 may be adeqaute to own. While the GB is fixed or factory preset per the spec sheets, by any chance does it allow minor adjustment should it be needed in certain areas?

As an example, some other brand units do have the ability to modify what has been factory preset just in case.

Tony

I'll offer them up anyway.

First, I don't think the X-Terra 30 is out yet, but I might be wrong.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it because most models do not have user-adjustable GB from the factory preset. At least not that works well. The White's Classic series do, but they were designed that way!

The Classic III, ID and IDX or IDX Pro, (especially the III SL & IDX Pro) lend themselves well to GB tweaking with modifications. Many "turn-on-and-go" models available today lack any user access and/or control of the GB.

.. The X-Terra 30 concept was for an easy to use model that also has less features. Specs on the '30' say the Target Volume only allows half the adjustabilty (1-10 compared with 1-20); half the fine-tuning for Sensitivity (1-10 compared with 1-20); only 2/3 the number of notch 'segments' compared with the '50', which also governs all the discriminate adjustment; a 3-Tone Audio compared with the X-Terra 50's 4-Tone Audio; no "noise cancel" (frequency shift) control; doesn't have the 'short-cut' for the All Metal Accept mode, and it only has one 'pattern' mode to customize. In addition, the X-Terra 30 has "standard" depth while the X-Terra 50 has "enhanced" depth.

In conclusion, I don't think anyone would be all that concerned to want to mess with the unit only to be able to 'tweak' the GB much at all since it wouldn't be that big a benefit in the overall picture.

Simply buy the X-Terra 50, which in my opinion, is going to be a hot selling model, It wouldn't surprise me if the '30' sales are so weak that they drop it down the road. The X-Terra 50 has a lot to offer for the $200 difference in suggested retail (US).

Monte

Hi Monte,

I totally agree! And do not forget about the fact that apparently only the XT50 has the ability to accept different frequeny searchcoils. It is listed in the brochure as "An X-Terra 50 unique feature".

Add this to all the items you mentioned and I do not see why anyone would go with the X-Terra 30. Maybe as a second machine for the kids?

Steve Herschbach

I know the 18k coil will be more valued for nuggets. The neat thing the is the versitility of the machine. I guess the coils will be out in the near future.Good hunting,I enjoy reading your detector opinions page,Joe