Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question about tr-disc mode on the scorpion

bigdawg47

is this mode only good in heavy nails or will it work good in heavy big iron and how does this mode work thanks hal

I'm not versed in the science or technical aspects of exactly how the TR Disc Mode works. There are some on the forums here that are quite knowledgeable in that area. Monte and Uncle Willy sure know alot about that kinda stuff. You may want to ask on the general Metal Detecting Forum section.

Okay, as far as the TR Disc working in big iron, it's probably the best mode to use for that as long as you don't need to detect very deeply. Any big iron can trick a discriminator circuit because of the size it has a higher conductivity.

I just use the Scorp for prospecting. The only times that I use the TR Mode is to identify hot rocks and check ore samples.

Best of luck to ya!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)