Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question for goldbug (digital) users

eddiecurrent

I was thinking of getting a goldbug with a 5X10 elliptical coil to hunt my south Florida beaches for micro jewelry such as fine gold chains and teeny earrings, but also worked OK on coins. Anyone able to tell me if it would be OK for this? Could such a combo do decent on coins...like at least 6" on a quarter? Thanks.

IMHO this is a very good choice for price simplicity and effectiveness. Teknetics Greeks very close and lower cost. As long as you stay in the dry sand you will be in good shape. Nothing is very effective in the wet salt for small gold. Patience and technique will weigh heavy as to success with any machine. First you have to swing over something worth collecting, then hear it, then locate it reasonably fast. Very good headphones, pinpointer and fine shifting tools are key too. Good luck and have fun! There are some really good finds to be had when one puts in the work.

Thanks Tom. I have a large flour sifter that might come in handy. I'm hoping a gold machine like the goldbug can see fine gold chains, they're invisible to my CZ's, even in all metal at max sensitivity.

eddiecurrent said:
Thanks Tom. I have a large flour sifter that might come in handy. I'm hoping a gold machine like the goldbug can see fine gold chains, they're invisible to my CZ's, even in all metal at max sensitivity.

My Gold Bug 2 will sound off on incredibly small metal that my CZ-5 will not sense.
Tiny gold chains should be no problem in dry beach sand and I am sure you will be happy you bought a Gold Bug detector.