Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

QUESTION ON 1280X

DVMY

After hearing so much about the 1280x that its a work horse in fresh water. I took the plunge and bought one. Living here in central Minnesota i was just wondering where i should set the setting for disc. and sensitivty any help would be apppreciated am just using this machine for wading in the lakes thanxs for your help. have 3 weeks vacation coming up and want to use this puppy

is to either take some foil, and airtest that to see where Foil is on the dial disc., or, borrow a few thing gold rings and repeat the same airtest.

HH from Allen in MI

set the disc. control to where you just disc. out a hairclip. and dig everything else. You really won't have to worry much about foil in the water anyways--if you knock out foil, you'll be giving away the small gold rings to your buddy etc.

Built like a tank workhorse for fresh water has been around forever..I would get some gold jewelry and test where it breaks off. Guess it depends what you are looking for as small chains etc. are tough to pick up and to get them would have to set in an area where fishooks, bobbi pins would drive you crazy.Indeed make sure it picks up even low foil lest you miss some nice small jewelry..all a matter of your personal preferences...basically if its real slow might run it down to minimum and catch stuff other detectorists miss..Some areas are hit real hard, but do make sure it will pick up small foil and you should do well. Remember if you find a gold medallion drop the disc. down and scour the immediate area well as the chain that held it may lurk close by...water hunting is an art and is really exhausting so eat your wheaties...always felt one hour in water was worth 3 on land as its rough on the body even in shallow water..gosh their is an excellent book on the 1280 that is out of print, but might find one at a Fisher dealer as some keep a copy of older books, field tests etc...

I run mine at 0 disc & very high sensitivity. I dig most every repeatable signal (I do dig a lot of junk). I have a small beach at the end of my road I've been in for years I sometimes
will run at full sensitivity and 0 disc. and swing very slowly swinging real slow eliminates most of the falsing and I've gotten some silver, clad and jewelry that I would have missed (if you do this in order to pinpoint you have to turn down the sensitivity once you get the target uncovered a few inches).
Good luck,
Troy

DVMY, I was thinking of the 1280 myself, what made you choose this machine over the cz20 or any other machine. Your thoughts appreciated.

Jeff

DVMY, I was considering the 1280 myself. What made you choose the 1280 over the cz20 or any other machine? You thoughts appreciated, Jeff