Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Question on cell phones...

JimGilmore

I'm getting the GB pro DP. In the past I had trouble with interferrence while wearing a cell phone using my tesoro umax detectors...Has anybody noticed an interference on the GB while wearing their cell phone on their belt ?

I used mine today with my phone on in my pocket. Hade GB Pro at max sens or dang close to it all day. Ran like a top!! The GB Pro/G@ don't suffer EMI like most machines do.

No problem just know that my smart phone would make my cibola freak....

Same here

Cellphones can emit interference that you might not even be aware of, and can result in loss of depth.

I had a buddy awhile back w/ a T2 who had extreme difficulty getting his machine to ground balance. We were in a very remote rural area where there was not ANY noticeable mechanical issues that would have caused any interference.

I recommended that he turn his cellphone off, and his groundbalancing issues went away thereafter.

For me, just knowing that cellphones MIGHT be an issue is enough to make me leave the phone in the car, or turn it off, just to be on the safe side....