Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

question on DEPTH CoRe vs Racer

FIRST OF ALL THIS QUESTION APPLIES TO ALL CURRENT AND PREVIOUS OWNERS OF "EITHER MACHINE" with the stock coil.

With my whites xlt, and I go over a deep target (Minnie ball, frag, button, etc), and it is too deep for the machinery to identify what it is, I will get an audio "whoo.. whoo" sounding. Telling me to dig it (unsure of what it is, but requires investigating further).

Does anyone know if the CoRe or Racer will also do this? In real world testing, in the ground?

I'm VERY CURIOUS to hear back any and all responses available.

Thank you my friends!
Bubba

other favorite general-purpose detectors.

I like to do a lot of hunting in either a Threshold-based All Metal mode, or use a comfortable motion-based Discriminate mode that adjusts very low, even to all metal accept. No, not all the time, but in open areas that are usually sparse in any targets.

The XLT, and many people know who have followed me on forums for almost twenty years now, is one of my all-time favorite metal detectors. I also enjoy listening for any tell-tale audio from deeper targets. Also, as I set out in march of this years I have decided to trim the bulk of my personal detector arsenal, to include my very nice XLT e-series because I am focusing on maintaining only about four models to carry in my vehicle full-time or have ready to travel on a longer trip. The main two are the Nokta FORS CoRe and Makro Racer, and one of the many reasons I am thinning the bulk of what I have is because both models provide me some of that deeper-target response I have grown to really appreciate.

They also have bumped other models out of my arsenal due to the excellent iron trash handling they provide which other models, both my favorite MXT series and the other outfit's AT models, fail to match. I think if you had either of these excellent detectors, and spent the time afield to learn them and know what they can do, you would be pleasantly surprised.

Monte

Monte said:
other favorite general-purpose detectors.

I like to do a lot of hunting in either a Threshold-based All Metal mode, or use a comfortable motion-based Discriminate mode that adjusts very low, even to all metal accept. No, not all the time, but in open areas that are usually sparse in any targets.

The XLT, and many people know who have followed me on forums for almost twenty years now, is one of my all-time favorite metal detectors. I also enjoy listening for any tell-tale audio from deeper targets. Also, as I set out in march of this years I have decided to trim the bulk of my personal detector arsenal, to include my very nice XLT e-series because I am focusing on maintaining only about four models to carry in my vehicle full-time or have ready to travel on a longer trip. The main two are the Nokta FORS CoRe and Makro Racer, and one of the many reasons I am thinning the bulk of what I have is because both models provide me some of that deeper-target response I have grown to really appreciate.

They also have bumped other models out of my arsenal due to the excellent iron trash handling they provide which other models, both my favorite MXT series and the other outfit's AT models, fail to match. I think if you had either of these excellent detectors, and spent the time afield to learn them and know what they can do, you would be pleasantly surprised.

Monte

Thank you again SO MUCH for your input Monte.

From my previous posting..."With my whites xlt, and I go over a deep target (Minnie ball, frag, button, etc), and it is too deep for the machinery to identify what it is, I will get an audio "whoo.. whoo" sounding. Telling me to dig it (unsure of what it is, but requires investigating further)."

Will the CoRe or Racer do this as well? Do EITHER/BOTH Give the audio HINTS OF SOMETHING DEEPER, like the xlt does?

I SURE how to hear a Yes response, LOL :)

At your service,
Bubba

bubbadirect said:
Thank you again SO MUCH for your input Monte.

From my previous posting..."With my whites xlt, and I go over a deep target (Minnie ball, frag, button, etc), and it is too deep for the machinery to identify what it is, I will get an audio "whoo.. whoo" sounding. Telling me to dig it (unsure of what it is, but requires investigating further)."

Will the CoRe or Racer do this as well? Do EITHER/BOTH Give the audio HINTS OF SOMETHING DEEPER, like the xlt does?

I SURE how to hear a Yes response, LOL :)

At your service,
Bubba
YES.

I've hunted sites where I have already worked my XLT to compare how well they do on providing me "HINTS OF SOMETHING DEEPER" and am well pleased with their performance. I guess that's one of the reasons I have been thinning out a lot of my personal detectors. I have my seminar display/demo VX3 and MX5 to sell, my nice condition XLT to sell, an Outlaw to sell, and that's because I have been so satisfied with the in-the-field performance of the FORS and Racer.

So ... YES.

Monte