Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Questions about deep tech vista detectors

jackintexas

Been detecting for a very long time. Had and used about most detectors out there. I know two very old parks. The coins are all gone in the range of most detectors.I believe old coins may be there but probably none of the detectors I have or have used will not get them. I have watched videos of the Smart and the Gold and it looked like they were deeper detectors. But my question is do they have a tone Id. In an old park there is a lot of junk. I don't want to dig every deep target due to the trash. I am in the market for another detector. One that I think is the deepest I have tried is a CZ with the 10 1/2" coil. But it is too heavy to hunt with very long.Also what is the weight of the Smart and the Gold. I would appreciate any help I can get as I don't know locally one I could see and handle......Jack

No tone ID. Weight a little less than four pounds, if memory serves. Is well balanced and not a strain to use. Wont discriminate higher than foil, so may not be the best for parks. Are extremely fast in nail infested areas. A great relic machine. I have and use the Gold. and love it.

jimmyk in Missouri

Jack I also use the Vista Gold and like Jim said not really good for trash filled parks. I use mine on fields after crops are harvested, also at old foundations where I dig everything but iron if possible.

I use the Vista Gold in areas that are infested with nails, does an excellent job. I find non-ferrous targets that I have missed with other detectors. It's a keeper. Richard

When I hear that the Deeptech detectors won't discriminate out any higher than foil, that may not be a problem for me. I usually set my Tesoro detectors' discrimination to just where a Gatorade Sports Drink Foil Cap just discriminates out. At that setting, I can tell a lot about a target by the size, characteristics and loudness of the audio response.

Does a Deeptech detector have just enough discrimination to discriminate out a foil cap and does its single tone carry target info like a Tesoro detector does?

I like trying different detectors. :) I'd like to hear from someone who has used both the Tesoro and Deeptech detectors?

tabman

ecoast said:
will not scrim a foil cap...I have a smart

I wonder how much below a foil cap it will discriminate out. I sometimes set my Tesoros just below that and it works OK for me.

When they say it will discriminate out foil, I find that a little vague.

tabman

very telling audio, and deeper than my modded cibola.

I have a Vista Smart and love it for relic hunting. Wouldn't dream of taking it into a modern park and trying to cherry pick with it though. Great depth and fast recovery but not a cherry picker.

digsgti said:
I have a Vista Smart and love it for relic hunting. Wouldn't dream of taking it into a modern park and trying to cherry pick with it though. Great depth and fast recovery but not a cherry picker.

I ain't no cherry picker:), most of the time. There are some locations that work well by having just a little of the small foil knocked out. Even at that lower discrimination setting on my Tesoro detectors, I get enough info from the audio to decide to dig or not to dig. I can get a feel for the size, shape and conductivity from the sound of the beep. Is the audio on the Deeptech detectors modulated?

tabman

from what I understand its actually a signal boost and about a 20 to 30% increase on your targets really brings the the weak signals to life

I think deep coin are every where. But I also believe that there are coins next to items like iron that you need a very fast recovery machine to ID them. Trashy area still have coins to give up and will with the right machine and very very slow hunting.