Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Quick afternoon hunt

mander154

Had about an hour this afternoon before going to my other job so I took the Xterra 705 to a local park to see what I could find and enjoy the beautiful weather. I dug a few pieces of interesting trash that helped me learn a little more about my machine, but my surprise of the day was the weight I found in my last hole. I assume it is a fishing weight, but I was a far piece from the river. Can't help but wonder how it ended up where it did. Thanks for looking.

~mander

Cool! Some finds make a guy wonder dont they?

I will say this, we used to go down to big open areas like a park or something with a new fishing reel and practice casting long ways to make sure the line and gear were all working right...Practicing casting was a lot of fun for us kids with a new Zebco 202 or 404...we would cast for hours attempting accuracy and distance...

.'Course, the weight may have been used to hold down some helium balloons at a birthday party or something too...so it all makes a guy wonder when a strange item is found a long way from where you think it should be....if a fellow was hunting for fishing weights, the last place He'd look for one is in a park!
Mud

Neat finds---and Mud I remember buying Many Zebco 202's for $1.oo and believe they worked Better than the ones they sell today.