Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

racer balance....

basstrackerman

I hear guys saying it feels unbalanced with stock coil.. I would like to know how the arm cuff feels. Is it short like at pro which i hated or long like F75 which i love? Or maybe measure from grip to back of arm cuff at max adjustment.. Thanks

It is a little short on movement as far as backwards ( long) adjustment.. I'm 6'3". it isn't to bad.
For most it will be fine. It ships in the farthest back position. I did not have to move it forward.
The battery/stand curves up on the rear so it limits the adjustment of moving the armrest back further.

It is balanced pretty well.

This was posted on Nasa Tom's site about the balance on the Racer and adjusting the arm cuff (I need to try this myself):

I've been playing around with my Racer and stock coil. Here's how I get the best balance. First I don't put my arm through the strap instead let my arm lay on top while the strap bridges the gap in the arm cup. Also pushed my arm cup adjustment all the way forward. What this pushing forward does is you'll notice the farther back it is the strap will be closer to your elbow where the meat starts building on your arm., thus the angle starts changing quite a bit (sliding forward causes the alignment between your grip and arm connection over the strap to be more inline, causing with detector to feel less nose heavy) . Overall this is what feels the best overall for me. Folks you may want to try. And yes your mileage may vary. Cheers