Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Bluetooth Headphone issues sorted out yet?

Cal_Cobra

Makro said they were working to resolve the delay and other sound quality issues reported from the beta field test results.

I believe I read that someone else tried a different set of BT headphones on the Racer and the sound improved dramatically, but they still had the delay issue.

So it sounds like a two fold problem, the phones don't have the quality of sound we require (similar to a quality set of wired phones) and the delay issue. First issue is an easy fix for them by swapping phones, the second technical issue ?

Makro if your reading this thread, any updates on the Bluetooth dongle/headset issues on the Racer?

Thanks,
Brian

Cal_Cobra said:
Makro said they were working to resolve the delay and other sound quality issues reported from the beta field test results.

I believe I read that someone else tried a different set of BT headphones on the Racer and the sound improved dramatically, but they still had the delay issue.

So it sounds like a two fold problem, the phones don't have the quality of sound we require (similar to a quality set of wired phones) and the delay issue. First issue is an easy fix for them by swapping phones, the second technical issue ?

Makro if your reading this thread, any updates on the Bluetooth dongle/headset issues on the Racer?

Thanks,
Brian

Hello all...we actually had controversial feedbacks on the BT headphones. Some were not happy while some others saw no issue with them so we will leave the current ones as they are as we are limited in what can be improved on these ones. Meanwhile, we are working on a new proprietary design.

Nokta Detectors said:
Hello all...we actually had controversial feedbacks on the BT headphones. Some were not happy while some others saw no issue with them so we will leave the current ones as they are as we are limited in what can be improved on these ones. Meanwhile, we are working on a new proprietary design.

Do you know which Bluetooth protocol you are using. There is a fairly new one that is out (last year, I believe) - AptX - which is a very low latency protocol ( <= 10ms delay). Both the transmitter and receiver (headphones) have to be able to run AptX to obtain this low latency. If the headphones can't run it, then you will get the higher delay that the older protocols have.. This has had good reviews by people using AptX headphones/transmitters for watching TV or playing musical instruments with wireless headphones..