Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer, CTX, CoRe, been hunting a small front yard...

JFlynn

A couple of weeks ago I hunted a very small front yard of an old abandoned 100 plus yr old house. Not much trash here at all about normal I guess. Put the Racer with small coil on it and dug a couple of handfulls of coins on a couple of hunts. Several days later wanted to try and get deeper and ran the CTX over it. Got about 15 or so more coins. Some pretty deep in the 7-8 inch range. Went back with the Racer on the next hunt and ran the small coil on it again and pulled just a couple. Ran the CTX again that same day and got just a few more a little deeper than what the small coil could get. Today eased over there with the CoRe and ran at stock startup settings in DI3 using the 11 inch stock coil. I'm hunting literally in the same places places I've dug already. Not a 30X50 ft front yard. I was totally surprised at what was deep that was left in the yard. I haven't experienced that kind of depth that many times in a hunt ever. Everything except for a few were in the 8 to 10 inch range a couple of the targets were deeper than that, one way deeper. I mean right on the fringe just peeping in with no TID except after the first shovel was out of the hole then intermittent. Got about 8 nickels today also. Several dimes and mostly memorials for pennies. Stock coil on the CoRe ain't no slouch! Here ya go...

That is awesome JFlynn..........

Nice haul Jack.
Hey I was looking at your pics and saw the young man holding a snake. Is that the kind of critters you have down there? Day-em LOL. Maybe I'll just stay in Michigan.

Patrick that young man is my babygirl with short hair lol. She's a frontiersgirl! That now 18 yr old loves the woods and outdoors better than grits and bacon. She is the only one out of 6 girls that took after me. Most you can't get off the couch, she loves our lifestyle here in the southeast. Kill em and grill em lol or catch em and keep em. Yep that pic was a huge diamondback I almost stepped on Turkey hunting. IF ya look way back in my photobucket pictures you'll see her skinning rabbits we sniped with pellet guns lol.

Outstanding Jack. After using the LARGE coil yesterday for a few hours, I changed back to the stock coil on the CoRe. I am amazed at how well the stock coil picks out the tiniest pieces of civil war lead and smashed pistol balls!

Without a doubt, the stock coil on the CoRe is my all time favorite, when it comes to stock coils. On any machine that I have ever used.

Bubba

JFlynn said:
A couple of weeks ago I hunted a very small front yard of an old abandoned 100 plus yr old house. Not much trash here at all about normal I guess. Put the Racer with small coil on it and dug a couple of handfulls of coins on a couple of hunts. Several days later wanted to try and get deeper and ran the CTX over it. Got about 15 or so more coins. Some pretty deep in the 7-8 inch range. Went back with the Racer on the next hunt and ran the small coil on it again and pulled just a couple. Ran the CTX again that same day and got just a few more a little deeper than what the small coil could get. Today eased over there with the CoRe and ran at stock startup settings in DI3 using the 11 inch stock coil. I'm hunting literally in the same places places I've dug already. Not a 30X50 ft front yard. I was totally surprised at what was deep that was left in the yard. I haven't experienced that kind of depth that many times in a hunt ever. Everything except for a few were in the 8 to 10 inch range a couple of the targets were deeper than that, one way deeper. I mean right on the fringe just peeping in with no TID except after the first shovel was out of the hole then intermittent. Got about 8 nickels today also. Several dimes and mostly memorials for pennies. Stock coil on the CoRe ain't no slouch! Here ya go...

So you were finding mems in the 8 to 10 inch range?