Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer standard vs Pro package question...

Calnevaroy

If I'm only interested in the small coil and rechargeable batteries/charger should I still buy the Pro package or just the standard package and buy the batteries/charger and small coil later? Anybody know what the small coil will sell for separately? :confused:

Think I seen somewhere they were like 110 or 120 I could be wrong. Good luck

I would get the pro packge, Comes with environmental covers and carry bag. And don't think for 1 minute that the 7x11" coil is a sloucher. Racer separates very well with it attached.

The Pro package is the better deal for sure.
I understand the small coil is $109
The batteries and charging kit for 110 and 12 volts is $59
the carry bag is $49
Rain cover is $29
the cap and T shirt are $15 each.
This is why I ordered the Pro package even though it is $200 more as I feel it is well worth it myself.

Rick

squirrel1 said:
I would get the pro package, Comes with environmental covers and carry bag. And don't think for 1 minute that the 7x11" coil is a sloucher. Racer separates very well with it attached.
Thanks for the input. If it's as good as you mentioned, I may not need the small coil. However, Rick(ND) has good points of why the Pro package is an excellent deal. Thanks to all, it's appreciated....

4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD coil is an unbelievable coil with the Racer's performance. :thumbup:

All of the other search coils work well and have their place, but if you ever hunt a densely littered site, you'll want that little coil mounted

Monte

Buy the Racer with Pro option...

Those small coils are about 140.00 or so I think ..

You may never put the stock coil on but at least you will have it if the need arises... or at the very least the curiosity will drive you mad if you dont have the stock coil...

Keith

Keith Southern said:
Buy the Racer with Pro option...

Those small coils are about 140.00 or so I think ..
I think the Makro US Distributor has them shown at $109, but once used afield you'd think they could get double that!! :thumbup:

Keith Southern said:
You may never put the stock coil on but at least you will have it if the need arises... or at the very least the curiosity will drive you mad if you dont have the stock coil...

Keith
So very true! I've mounted all of the other coils to use them to hunt a park or search a beach, to compare depth on larger-size targets or just to evaluate how well they handle dense iron nails, or short, stiff brush and other things, but the small coil kind of lives on the Racer, it seems. It's such a near-perfect combination that I think everyone, at least in the USA, ought to take advantage of the excellent price-point of both the Racer and FORS CoRe and own one of each or two Racers, just to keep one Racer outfitted with the small 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] DD full-time and have a 'standard' coil on the second detector.

Monte

I'm thinking about buying the Makro Racer, but haven't seen any air test with it on a dime and nickel with the 5" coil. Has anyone done a air test with the small coil?
Thanks,
CoinHunter2

Unless you really want the Makro branded swag and don't already have a cheap battery charger, the pro package doesn't look like that great of a deal.

If I decide to pick one up, I'll be buying the small coil separately.

Very excited just ordered the Racer standard pack,bought the small coil, covers and lower rod for less them pro pack. I allready have head phones carry bag and batterys saved quite a few bucks. CANT WAIT :smoke: