Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Racer Tone Sequencing Clarification

berryman

Keith: Did you ever get clarification from Makro on the tone order set-up on the Racer? Did they intend the tones to get progressively higher with each subsequent setting or did they intend them to alternate from low to high and to low again?

berryman said:
Keith: Did you ever get clarification from Makro on the tone order set-up on the Racer? Did they intend the tones to get progressively higher with each subsequent setting or did they intend them to alternate from low to high and to low again?
My Racer came the same way, and as I pondered it, I also thought about the overall design process the R&D people use.

They take rugged, durable parts from nuts and bolts and connectors to the whole housings, and mate them up with very decent search coils and circuitry that performs very impressively. Therefore, I would bet that somebody in their R&D efforts considered that, for some folks [size=small](like me)[/size] who have impaired hearing, it might be a little more difficult to step progressively through four Audio Tones and easily select one that sounds best.

However, if they mixed the four tones up into what I refer to as a 'stagger-step' design, as the Racer's came to us, it might be easier to select an Audio Tone that kind of stands out and appeals to us. Matter of fact, I hope this is the design criteria for ALL of the Racer models to come as it really appeals to me.

Having used my Nokta FORS CoRe and now my Racer, it was ... at least to me ... not an accident or a slip-up in programming, but possibly just an excellent design idea. It appeals to me and I find it much easier to select the Audio Tone for any mode with this 'stagger-step' method.

Not a factory-direct answer, just my thoughts, opinions, and encouragement for Makro to keep them just that way, 'staggered' instead of progressive.

Monte

Berry Ive contacted the factory ...waiting on reply...The CoRe goes up progressively...Not so with the Racer..no biggie just wondering if they are supposed to be staggered....and im wondering if maybe the 4 is the highest or should it be slightly higher..the CoRe High tone is slightly higher for its high tone...

So in other words if thats the way its desigend then its fine...if its out of order by mistake then maybe the tones are not pitched right on high tone??? just something I wonder about...

Just waiting on a reply..

Keit

Hello all...the tones were designed that way BUT after getting a few feedbacks from testers, we are changing them to go up progressively like the CoRe.

I figured it was done that way intentionally and I like it. I find that it is easier to pick out a more favorable audio Tone. One mode in my FORS is out-of-progression with the 3 and 4 reversed, but using the other modes, then using the Racer's current design, I much prefer the 'stagger-step' to 'progressive.'

Just my biased and honest opinions,

Monte

The accountant in me would prefer it to be sequential as it is on the CoRe :thumbup: