Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rain / Dust cover for the X-Terra

Digger

Constitutional Patriot
Staff member
I was visiting about a Rain / Dust cover for the X-Terra with Larry yesterday, and he suggested I try the meter cover we use on our MXT's. I don't know if Minelab has them available or not, but if they don't, this one works just fine. You will have to plug your headphones in before you secure the cover, or I suppose you could cut a small hole in the side of the cover. It fits securely and allows ample screen protection, as well as allowing the ability to access all of the control buttons. I purchased mine from JW at KellyCo. Item number 305-240A - R/DUST COVER "METER" QXT for $14.95. HH Randy

I found a generic one that I ordered for my XLT for around $11. Since I think I will be getting an X-Terra 50 one of these days, I may buy another one of these if the screen on the MXT is the same as the XLT. Thanks,

Bill

In the near future Minelab will offer an X-Terra rain cover. Meanwhile, your Sun Ray Explorer/Quattro covers will do.

I don't know about the XLT, but the one for my DFX is too small. The one for my MXT and XL Pro is Just Right! HH Randy

I think the genuine cover will look a bit better.

I can't find one in the US either. That is why I improvised. I contacted a couple dealers, but they don't know when they will get them. Anybody know a dealer that has them? Thanks. HH Randy

hey goggy, you work for minelab,your on every forum promoting the xterra just wondered:minelab:

No John.... but I did have a small amount of input while it was being developed, so naturally feel some allegiance to the project. I got my cover with the units that were used in Gary's X-Terra DVD.

plugger Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Hello Plugger,
Could you email me the name of the company\web page that carries the MXT
rain/dust covers? Thanks.
Jess