Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rare Hunt in December

DiggerODirt

Well, I thought I struck it rich today when the chain came out of the ground. It was laid out in a long line, just under the grass roots and took about 10 minutes of careful digging to extract it without breaking it. I did not take the time to examine it as there were a few people looking on, so in the pocket it went right away. The 3 wheats were all from about 6 inches deep. When I got home, the chain read "Guyay (I think) F 18K...I laughed as I looked at the links with a jewelers loop, and saw the flaking...I called it "Gay Fake 18K"...I was kinda bummed, as it weighs in at 15 grams. Would have been a good chunk of change if it was real...Oh well, at least I know I can find these chains...It was a one way signal reading between 12-08 and 13-07 at 2 inches. I will usually dig anything that shows a 12-08, as this IS where most of my gold has shown up...Lower than 12-08 is usually foil, and 12-10 thru 12-35 is usually junk...12-37-12-39 is where my Injuns show up when I find em...

HH,

Bummer! Well, as a consolation, you were on the right track and digging the right signal.:thumbup:..Its not your fault the wearer was a cheapskate....(this is what I tell myself) nice job on the wheats there!
Mud