Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: New Sovereign User To Be>>Two problems.

A

Anonymous

You seem to be a victim of manufactures hype and personal opinions made under specific conditions.
The Sov does do a good job in some real crappy dirt, but there is a limit to how much it can take. There are some conditions that are pretty much hopless for any detector.
Sometimes a PI unit would be the best choice, but there is no discrimination on them. They hit everything.
The hot rocks we have around here could be called "negative" hot rocks, or "cold" rocks (hope I got that right).
They momentarily null out the threshold like a chunk of iron would. The effect is not as severe with the Sov as it is with my White. Never tried hunting in the creeks that are full of them.
The new GT is claimed to have better sinsitivity to smaller stuff, and might work a little better for nuggets than the other Sovs.
My 2a can find a 22 bullet at 5-6", but something like a 177 pellet is about hopeless. This will give you some idea about what size gold you could find.
If you are looking for a prospecting detector, you might make inquiries on the prospecting forum. Those guys know more about what works than we do.
HH