Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Re: Reverse Discrimination

A

Anonymous

Will some of you older veteran detectorists help me out on this one? Back in the late 70's early 80's I had a Bounty Hunter. A fellow showed me how to use reverse discrimination when the standard discrimination mode failed. Also, it seemed to discriminate at greater depth than the standard mode. As I recall you placed the coil over the suspected target in the all metal mode, then moved the coil off the target. If the signal increased, it was junk. If it went quiet, it was most likely good. Now I'm only guessing at this. It's getting damm inconvenient getting older! Like to hear from anyone who remembers better than I do how close I am. And the correct way to do it. Many thanks.
RonnieB

Reverse Discrimination is when you hunt in all metal until you hit a target then you place the coil directly over it and switch to Discrimination mode. Then you slide the coil off the target a couple of inches while listening for the change in sound which will tell you if the target is good or bad.
If the target is good the detector will go silent or "null" as the coil is moved away from the target. If the target is bad the detector will beep as the coil is moved away from the target. Hope this explains it for you.
Bill

Thanks Bill. I know this is no longer necessary with the current detectors but 25 years ago it was quite effective and I used it a lot. Found a lot more of the deeper coins than I could with the old discriminator technology.
RonnieB

Yeah it was the trick of the trade back then and worked quite well and found a lot of goodies.
Bill