Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Rechargables ?

A

Anonymous

Has anyone had any experance using rechargable NiMH or other battries in the CZ ?

I think it all comes down to so many brands of rechargables..Personally haven't had good luck as they didn't last long. Hopefully someone will respond with a brand that did do well..If not mistaken somewwhere along the line they were not recommended for the digital models...

This is for the coinstrike but it has a lot of good info on the use of Rechargables.
http://home.insightbb.com/~johnhetti/coinstrike/

I bought Tysonic nimh 200 mah 9volts for my CZ3D and an IPower smart charger together, pretty sure it was from Thomas Distributing but I could be wrong.
They work great. I havent used alkalines in years.
Neil

Yes I am using the Tysonic ones in my old CZ 6. I was told when I got it to use Panasonic, as most of them don't have 9 volts, so not very good and won't last long. But I don't think you can get the Panasonic anymore, so tried the Tysonic and they work great and last real good to.

I'm using Nexcell 200s in my 3D. They've worked well so far. I get about 7-8 hrs per charge. I have an IPowerUS charger. I originally bought IPowerUS 9V 250s. They worked well for the 1st couple of charges but now I only get about 2 hrs out of them. I DO NOT recommend the IPowerUS batts. I emailed them to give them a chance to make it right. They never replied.
HH
Dave

Was not sure if the charger was bad or the batteries, they sent me a new charger and 4 new cells, even with more power than the ones I sent in. The cells and chargers have a one year warranty I believe.
With my CZ70, I get about 7.5 hours with the IPower 9 volt 260mAh cells. The IPower charger can do 2 9 volt cells at a time and it indicates when the cell is charged.
I used the Plainviews 9.6 volt 170mAh cells but with the plainview charger you can only do one cell. The charger does not indicate when you have a full charge like the IPower charger does. Also the Plainviews are a tad longer and you have to be careful putting them in and out of the CZ70

And did you really mean AAs? I have 4 of the IPowerUS 260 mah units. I still use the charger for my new Nexcells but the IPower 9Vs only get a few hours use. I'd love to know who replaced the batts. for you.
Thanks,
Dave

I can tell you I sent them to IPower Corporation 713 W. Durante Road G-177 Arcadia, Ca. 91007. Can't remember the guys name that I delt with but he was great to deal with. If you mentioned his name I would be able to say, "yeah that is the guy". Yep, the batteries were AA that were sent back. Sorry I can't give you more information.

Right now I'm using the Plainview's in my CZ5. I've been using them for a couple of years with no problems. No, they don't last as long as alkalines, but it's real easy to pop in a spare set of the rechargeables. I have two sets. One I'm using, and another that's ready to go. I, too, stopped using the Plainview chargers, and now use the iPower 3 in 1 Fast Smart Charger II. It will charge two 9volt, 2AA and one 9volt, 2AAA and one 9volt, 4AA or 4AAA at a time. Great charger, especially for $19 shipped when I bought it from NewEgg last April. If the Plainview's ever wear out, I'll probably replace them with the Tysonic or one from the link below.
Hope this helps,
Otto...

and they told me to pack them up and send them back. They are going to replace them with 220 mah units. At least they're going to replace them. Thanks again Bud.
Dave

they last about as long as the IPower 9 volt cells. I too, use the IPower 3 in 1 charger in fact I have 2 of them, one in MD and the other in SC. Like the fact that it tells you when the battery is charged, no guessing and as you know it does AAA, 4AA's great for the camera. HH Bud

<STRONG>I used them in an ID-Excel, and I thought I used them in a C$, but can't remember. I don't have a CZ70 to try them in right now. I know they won't fit in my powder scale. They are good batteries though. I think most any of the one's on the link page would work. The key is they need to be more than the old 7.2 or 8.4volt models. The more mah they have the better.
Yes, the iPower charger is great. I wish I would have bought two at that price. I do have a MAHA MH-C204F charger, but it doesn't charge 9volts. I use both to charge AA's for my MXT and digital cameras.
Good hunting,
Otto...</STRONG>