Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommend A Detector $300ish Please

hiberdiber

Could I please get some idea's on a decent detector to get for around $200-$300 please. I live on Cape Cod, lots of beaches and history, I'm near Plymouth. I was just going to Buy Radio Shacks best a Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 for $299.00 but then decided I should do at least a little research. Any good recommendations guys?

Thanks Kenny

I have a BHTrackerIV and it isnt'a bad little unit. But in the $300 range I would steer you toward a couple of other good performers. Take a look at the Minelab, Musketeer-Advantage aprox.$330 or the Whites, Clasic4, aprox $300. Both are good performers in this price range as is the Fishers and Tesoros of this price range. The whites and minelab will do better on the beach though. Those were "new" prices and you can get a variety of acc. whith purchase. Consider buying a good set of headphones ( less backround noise and better battery life ) and a pinpointer of help locate your items in the hole, and a good sturdy digging tool for dirt and a scoop for sand. There you are all set up to treasure hunt. Good luck!

Thank You very much for your input. I will be mostly doing beach searching but will also do some historical sites. I had some old junk (worked sometimes, if you banged it just right) detector I got at a recycle station so I got a little practice and the tools and head phones. E-bay seams to have some good deals.
Thanks

Ace 250 by Garrett is a nice unit for about $200 and probably can find a Whites IDX pro used within your budget..Both are target ID machines and should serve you well...without cleaning out your wallet...

Hi,
After much thought and hours and hours of research I think I will go with the Garret Ace 250. Thank you both for the great input. Happy hunting.
Kenny

A friend that I hunt with has the Ace 250 with the stock coil and the 4.5 coil. He use's the small coil on the in the trashy place's that we hunt and like's it very much...HH...BJ

Yeah it was Garrett's surprise of the year. It even surprised them and is currently their top selling detector, but then it performs like a machine costing $600-$800.

Bill

Where in Cape Code? We go to Onset every summer for a week. Amazing history. I would go used because you can get a higher end detector for that price used.You need to get as deep as possible there because of the history. I have found lots of old bottles there but never detected.I am planing on taking my ID Excel there this summer If I make it . A cibola ,CZ s,or eagle spectrums can be found used and still in good shape.Lots of fantastic used machines out there. I am sure you ,living there could pay for your machine in one summer easy.Good luck and happy hunting.