Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommendations and what to expect on my first hunts in New England?

samandnoah

Hi knowledgeable forum members--

I've been MD'ing for less than a year. I live in Austin, TX, and that is where I have all of my MD experience (well, and FL beaches, too). I grew up in CT but have never gone MDing in that area. I'm going back east to visit family in less than a month. I'll be spending some time in southeastern Maine, near York. I'll be a couple of miles in from the coast, staying at a private home that is on land that's been inhabited since ~1700. Never having hunted that kind of soil -- or areas that are that old -- I'm really not sure what to expect, and what types of settings/programs are most likely to be productive on my XP Deus. There are still some older structures around. They've been updated, but still maintain some of the original details inside. So if I'm hunting a home or barn, should I be using "relic" type programs? I'm assuming I should pay attention to iron targets as well as any potential old coins, etc.

I'd be very grateful if anyone has any suggestions or recommendations based on experience of things to consider and/or try while hunting there with my XP Deus. I might get a little bit of time on an old property in Rhode Island, too.

Thanks in advance!
Rich

Rich, don't over-think the deus. Stock programs such as GMP or fast will do just fine. I personally don't use relic around the old structures, ill run a faster program and keep the swing low and slow. Ill run a slower deeper program (like relic) around the outskirts where the iron is a little less prevalent. Just pick a quicker program around the structures and have fun. You'll find some good stuff in a place that's over 200 years old!