Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Recommendations, please!

A

Anonymous

Hi all. I've decided that at some point I plan on "upgrading" detectors. I currently have an ID Excell and am completely impressed by Fisher detectors. That's why I plan on getting either a CZ3D or a C$. I'm not sure which.
Nearly all of my detecting is coin shooting, especially in spots where older coins are likely. I do little to no clad hunting. (CZ3D?)
My ground is bad. Highly mineralized red clay. (CZ3D?)
Alot of my sites are trashy, which makes me question the CZ3D unless I use the salt feature. (C$ better?)
I like the idea of having a notch feature. (C$?)
I like the idea of having numeric ID (C$?)
I'm generally leaning towards the C$ but would like to get some other opinions.
Thanks!
w

My vote is for the CZ-70 Pro as well. Although many are doing well withg the C$ and the 3D, I feel that the better all-around machine is the CZ-70. And it meets all your criteria as well as having the Rainproof/Splash resistant thing going for it.

Older sites are the only areas I use my C$. I don't hunt clad or any general hunting with my C$ I prefer my CZ70 for that. I have a 3D but don't use it much. If you are prepared for a long learning period then maybe the C$. After about the fourth set of batteries you get a feel for it. If you are just looking to have one machine the CZ70 is my pick. But I prefer my C$ for older sites.

Based on your criteria, you already have a good idea of what you need. The C$ will outperform the 3D in bad iron mineralized ground for depth and ID at depth.
Tom