Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Record setting month for me - found silver #50 today (123 for year)

tonym

I have had the best month of my life detecting. These 3 dimes bring my totals to 50 silver for august and 123 silver for the year.

I also have 183 wheats this month and 432 wheats for the year.

My goal when I started the year was 50 silver and 150 wheats for the year (I got that this month alone)

I have revised my goal several times and my new goal is 200 silver and 600 wheats for year.

No mintmark on the '16 merc, and if there was one, it would be worn away anyways. This is the most worn merc I have ever found.

Where is it that you live to find this much silver?
I'm beginning to feel like I live in a barren waste land.

western new york - most found at 1 park in august, 10 came from a school. I hunt 99.99% public property

That's just incredible. There are so many MDers where I live. Even when I think I may have found a virgin site, I find evidence that someone has been there before. I usually can tell its a newby and they leave an awful lot, but even with a cheap MD they are able to pull the silver quarters and bigger items out before I get there.
The parks and schools just don't have any old stuff left, or so little that you can spend hours for a wheat penny. Our local MD club hits these places on a regular basis. They have since 1974.
Sure do wish I was in your area.
Best of luck.