Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

RECOVERING THOSE SMALL TARGETS

Cupajo

Hi Gang,

I solved my problem in the water by using a scoop to quickly, before the tiny bit of metal flows through the holes, dump the target into a floating sifter that has many small holes, where I can locate it with a Vibra-Probe!! I rarely lose anything through the sifter holes.

This works nearly every time and I retrieve the tiniest bits of metal one can imagine!!! This method is only useful in fairly calm water because of the sifter and wave action.

On dry/wet sand I now use a home made scoop all stainless steel from 1/2 of soda pressure drum that is perfect in size for the purpose.

It has a 3' stainless pipe handle bolted to it and no holes for the target to escape from!!!

I dig the target and dump the scoop in a shallow layer on clean sand where I determined there is no signal. I check the dig for the target and if there is no signal I pin point the target in the thin layer of sand and use the Vibra-Probe to find it.

Before I cover the hole I check the area for possible missed targets.

I don't miss much this way and using the Infinium I am confident that anyone would be hard pressed to get a signal in an area I had just hunted.

This method takes hardly any more time than the usual scoop, shake and lose the tiny stuff method most of us are familiar with.

Works for me,

GL&HH Friends,

Cupajo