Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

reducing depth of search,how?:ausflag

emubob

i don't want to dig deep targets,they don't interest me.i'm looking for the recently lost targets,so what do i do?reduce the sensitivty,down to what?or what?you all know about high beams in a fog.so how low can you go and still find?emubob

Try using factory preset sensitivity and turn gain down to say 5? Intresting question as most are looking to get the depth. I find that most surface finds give a double beep, hard to explain in words but now I can tell surface items without looking or thinking about it. You can also use the depth meter to help decide to dig or not. Half way would be an estimated 6 inches so you would be interested in anything above that and could pass anything below the half way mark.

most people are only interested in the deep targets. i want them all but especially the deep ones as the might be older. you could get a detector like the compadre or use a smaller coil.