Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Relic settings for New GPX 4800 Help?

Good afternoon all, I just purchased the Minelab 4800 and it should be here soon. I rented one for use at this past DIV, but the locations we typically relic hunt, has much "less hot soil" than what we encountered in Virginia. So my questions are these...

1) Have any of you used a 4500/4800/5000 series in Kentucky/Ohio/Tennessee for relic hunting? And if so...
2) What are your settings used for CW Relic Hunting? Do you need to change any settings for less mineralized soil?

I posted this in toms forum, but wanted to get some input from my buddies herre at FM! :clapping:

Thank you in advance,
bubba

I would keep the same settings. The only change I would make is turn the gain up to see if I was missing any targets. Just keep the detector running smooth and hunt slow. SLOW VERY SLOW