Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Return Hunt recovers more buttons...

Gonehunting

It's been almost a week since I have been out to relic hunt. I have been taking the XP Deus alot. I am really liking how there are no wires to catch on the brush, and that it can fold up in my pack.
On the 21st I got out for a few hours checking a spot that I haven't hunted in over a year. It had quit producing. I was hoping the Deus would be able to renew that old spot and I wasn't disappointed, At least for a couple of buttons.
One in particular was this cuff size "A" Eagle button.
318258_3773758390059_1504454307_n.jpg

392402_3773759870096_262428584_n.jpg

Today I returned. I have several key spots from the last year that has really produced quite a few buttons for Oklahoma. My first couple of targets were 2 of the 10-four hole shirt buttons found today.
One hole in particular that I dug, had the 4 hole undergarment button, a small rusty buckle, and the first Eagle cuff button of the day.
DSC00588.jpg

I stayed on a creek bank and worked my way north and kept finding the 4 holed shirt buttons. One spot in particular, the grapevine branches were running along the ground and I actually got a mid to high 60's signal just below them. When I first started digging it, I had no idea of what was about to show. This is a first for me. A US rosette. It is the size of a US Half Dollar. Probably off of some horse tack or leather works.
DSC00581.jpg

Not finding anymore smaller military relics, I headed to an adjacent spot. The first target I dug, was this partially gilted Star button. I asked a button expert and he advised this was a Golden Age button common to the 1830's. Which happens to be the time frame for this particular site.
DSC00584.jpg

The backmark is almost unreadable, the only thing I can make out is "E?TR" EXTRA? Unknown maker.
DSC00583-e1338103469660.jpg

Immediately next to this button was another cuff button. The shank was missing. It has a backmark, but I am unable to tell what it says.
DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

I continued on down a animal trail finding small pieces of lead, including several large caliber round balls and a few pistol rounds. The final target of the day was one more Eagle button. This is also a cuff button. "I" Infantry Eagle.
DSC00587.jpg

I was able to film most of these targets and have enough footage from the last few relic hunts to put together a video. Hopefully have it ready by the end of the week..
Thanks for Reading
Evan
Gonehunting for History

Great finds Gonehuntin!!!!!!!!! Man, I love finding those Eagle buttons. Well, I love finding those Soouthern buttons too, but they are hard to find!!! Is any of your hunting done in heavy squarenails???? Do you have any special tweaks that you do to your machine to get partially masked buttons to sound off when they wouldn't otherwise when using factory programs????

Kevin B. said:
Great finds Gonehuntin!!!!!!!!! Man, I love finding those Eagle buttons. Well, I love finding those Soouthern buttons too, but they are hard to find!!! Is any of your hunting done in heavy squarenails???? Do you have any special tweaks that you do to your machine to get partially masked buttons to sound off when they wouldn't otherwise when using factory programs????
Kevin, there are square nails in almost every hole.. well what I have been using is 17 khz, with discrim at 9.3 I have been getting a lot of feedback for me to use zero discrim and it would help with depth.. luckily most of the targets I am finding are 6 and under so that isn't an issue on this site. I have my iron at 3, my relativity at 1. Audio at 4 its a little chattery but doesn't bother me.. I try to find a clean spot ground balance.. if not I run in tracking...and I run in four tones... I guess 2 tones would work at this site... Location is the key to most of my finds.... Hope this helps and thanks for the view.. I glad someone saw it lol