Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Return to the cabin site

C&RHunter

I returned to the old cabin site where, last spring, I found a brass bullet mold, iron stirrup, and a few civil war era buttons, and of course lots of square nails of different sizes. Not much on the recovery list yesterday, but did find an interesting round ball. When I dug it, I thought I could see a ramrod impression. After washing it and looking more closely, it looks like it had a belt around the middle. The bullet is lead and has some minor damage, the belted portion mics at approx .515 dia. I have seen pictures of some belted round balls, but they were a much larger caliber. I have pictures of the belt straight on and from both sides. Any ideas??

Attachments

• misc finds 3-04-21.JPG
    misc finds 3-04-21.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 147
  • Round ball left side.JPG
    Round ball left side.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 134
  • Round ball middle.JPG
    Round ball middle.JPG
    110.9 KB · Views: 124
  • Round ball right side.JPG
    Round ball right side.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 126
Congratulations on the finds. Any day digging relics is a good day.