Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Returned to Civil War Era Ghost Town

jimmyk

Hunted this site pretty hard earlier this Fall. The field has since been plowed, so took my New Blisstool detector to the area where a hotel used to stand. It is literally carpeted with nails. Not the best place to try a new detector for the first time, but it performed well. Pulled some interesting relics from all the junk. A neat small brass bell, a couple of harmonica reeds, a bent up suspender hook, severl Levi style brass buttons and half a lead filled brass rosette. I then crossed the road to an area that is pasture where a doctors house once stood, as well as a couple of stores. Dug the melted lead, a brass shoe toe tip, another part of a harmonica and the best find there yet, an 1856 0 seated Half Dollar. First one of those I've ever found since I started detecting in 1979. Think I'm going to like my new Blisstool for relic hunting.

keep on diggin'

jimmyk in Missouri

OK Jimmy, you are giving me hope that when my Bliss shows up next week that I will be doing ok with it in the not too distant future. Nice finds too.

I like what I see after two days of hunting with it. I hope their delivery schedule hols for you.

jimmyk