Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring returned

kapidr

This is the ring I found while metal detecting a few weeks ago. Its retail value is nearly 1,000 dollars. It's 10k gold and has a diamond on it. Robert wore the ring to the beach and removed it while he went surfing and then lost it in the sand by St. Augustine pier. When I found it I emailed the ring maker and the school without success at finding out who the ring belonged to. At Mondays conference at my church I was telling my friend Laura Lee, who is also a member of Anchor Faith Church, about the ring and she asked if she could help me find the owner. She has equipment that could take a better look at the name inside the ring. I brought her the ring to see and within one day she had found someone at the school who was willing to help us find the owner over the phone. Today Robert (who prefers to be called Chase) got that phone call. (I'm not sure exactly what was said but I believe it went something like this)

Laura: Did you lose a class ring?
... Robert : Yes!
(He then described it)
Laura: We have it!
Robert: Awesome! Where can I get it?
Laura: We'll be at Anchor Faith Church at the conference today around 2.
Robert: Ok I'll meet you there!

Turns out Robert just moved to St. Augustine and is looking for a church to go to. He'll be coming to Sundays service with his wife :)

I believe the last named turned out to be Fica. Sure I could have pawned the ring, even sold it for about two to three hundred dollars in scrap metal but doing the right thing is important. And in this case it was about more than just the ring. :) God does work in wonderful ways!

Congrats on your successful endeavor on locating the owner of the ring....It is at times, a whole new hunt finding the owner of class rings....my least favorite ring to find...LOL...WTG:clapping:

What a real nice thing to do, Kapidr! I'm sure he was happy to get it back.. without you - he never would have. You are to be commended. Good Karma!:clapping:

MickTwin

Nice job congrats, there aren't to many things in this old world that we live in that give you a more rewarding feeling than a important keepsake return .The expression of gratitude can not easily be reached on a day to day basis. God Bless sister and may you continue to be in His service! George