Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ring thing

A

Anonymous

Dug the silver ring thing, along with the merc and several other coins from the same time period, a few months ago at a site where carnivals were held in the 1950's. I thought it might be an earring but I posted it on another forum right after I found it and it was ID'ed as a nose ring. Could be, but anyone, man or woman, wearing a nose ring in Mississippi in the 1950's was either a looney or had a set as big as basketballs. The site hasn't been used for any purpose since the last carnival was held there in 1957 or 58 and the latest date coins from there are 1957's so it's extremely unlikely the ring thing is a more recent drop. Doesn't look like it in the pic but both ends of the band at the gap are the same. Think it's a nose ring or <B>?</B>
JB

But I have found ear rings with similar type attachments.I believe it is a ear ring.

I think it's possible that it's a nose ring. In the old days, some "carnies" had that classic Gypsy look. Even if it was for show. Maybe you found a "carnies" nose ring!