Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:rofl:Dog took it 40 years ago & buried it

spudnuts11

That Cocker Spaniel took this from me when I was 8,AAAH just found it.
That dog always took eveything from me when I was a kid!!
Now I Know where the rest of my stuff is,yup the yellow dog is Cooper
and he is still kicking and goes detecting with me.

Thanks for looking
SPUD:garrett:

So your dog is 40 years old ... wow never had one live past 15 myself ... thats gotta be some kinda record dog age

40 human years is 280 in dog years. That dog must be a descendant of Methuselah.

Didn't you guys know, diggin' in the dirt, makes you live longer.

Gettin' buried under the dirt is what you want to avoid.

Maybe 280yr old Cooper never smoked, drank, and played poker like those dogs in that one picture? :lmfao:

After reading Spuds post a few times, I surmise his boyhood 'Spaniel' took his toy and buried it, as all Spaniards are apt to do...that beautiful retriever Cooper, looks like an honest sort, and since he's a "golden retriever" should be employed for said purpose,...you know those Spaniards, they took a lot of gold from everybody and tried to get away with it!!:rofl: I bet that bygum golden could lead you to that reprobate Spaniards hoard, and all he would want is a pat on the head!! Turn him loose, and watch where he sniffs Spud! :rofl: Full disclosure: what your dog 'thinks' is gold to him, may not be to you...unless his rear end, poop, and nuts are gold, in which case, you truly do have a "golden retriever" only one way to be sure...do some diligence and report back!
Mud

ya know, they do train dogs to sniff out pretty much anything in small amounts.
and every metal has its own distinct smell ... HMMM
just train cooper to sniff out gold and silver and turn him loose in the park.

beautiful dog by the way ... looks like a good ole boy ...
I got chased away from one of my spots a few weeks ago by a wild hog.
so, i would love to take mine out detecting with me.
but, between the skeeters, ticks, and yellow flies there would not be much left of him after the trip ...

n/t

I have trained the dog to smell many different scents,he likes milk bones
But he sniffs silver coins and tast them! as I buy coins,he has the sent.
I have found a lot of silver on the surface just using my Garrett pine pointer
behind his nose

Kellyco may have to invest in Golden Retriever's :rofl:. That is a really cool dog.