Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

SABASO Water shoe review

galwayboy

I looked around for some water shoe /dive boots before I went to the coast. All of the brands i wanted of hard sole dive boots were sold out, so I looked for river shoes and this one came up. The price was right at 36 bucks and I with a $10 credit from shopping at a small business., I took a chance.

I wear a size 12, so that's what I ordered and luckily they fit perfectly. Finding shoes that run true to size can be difficult. I liked that the soles were more tennis shoe style and thought it would help for walking and they didn't disappoint. Many beach/water shoes have holes in the bottom and I've found they let too much stuff in. These closed bottom shoes drained well when exiting the water and never collected too much sand, whether in the water or on the dry beach. I'll have to wait and see about the durability (only wore them for 8 hrs), but for the price, I'm happy.

Attachments

• WATER SHOE.jpg
    WATER SHOE.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 190
Those look pretty tough. Any metal in them?

Thx

I looked around for some water shoe /dive boots before I went to the coast. All of the brands i wanted of hard sole dive boots were sold out, so I looked for river shoes and this one came up. The price was right at 36 bucks and I with a $10 credit from shopping at a small business., I took a chance.

I wear a size 12, so that's what I ordered and luckily they fit perfectly. Finding shoes that run true to size can be difficult. I liked that the soles were more tennis shoe style and thought it would help for walking and they didn't disappoint. Many beach/water shoes have holes in the bottom and I've found they let too much stuff in. These closed bottom shoes drained well when exiting the water and never collected too much sand, whether in the water or on the dry beach. I'll have to wait and see about the durability (only wore them for 8 hrs), but for the price, I'm happy.
Very cool looking water shoes,they should last a long time.
Tony

I’m still partial to 6.5 mm Mares hard bottom dive boots with zipper. The bottom don’t wear from the scoop, don’t smell over time, and tight enough to keep shells out…. Easy on and off.

I’m still partial to 6.5 mm Mares hard bottom dive boots with zipper
sold out of my size everywhere I looked. I'll get a pair after the supply chain issues have been resolved

I’m still partial to 6.5 mm Mares hard bottom dive boots with zipper. The bottom don’t wear from the scoop, don’t smell over time, and tight enough to keep shells out…. Easy on and off.
They are very similar to the NRS ATB wetshoe I've been using. Same comments about don't wear from scoop contact, don't smell, keeps shells out and easy on and off.

Edited to add: Every now and then the zippers need a little zipper wax. I've got a little stick that I bought; a little stick lasts for years, but a candle will do in a pinch. On one trip I forgot to pack the zipper wax ... was able to "borrow" a candle from a food warming tray. A couple runs of the bottom edge of the candle across the zippers and all was good to go and the candle was put back where I "found" it.

Last edited:

Did you wear sox ??? or bare foot ?? Seems as thought fine sand will accumulate after being hit by the waves.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Did you wear sox ??? or bare foot ??
I was barefoot, but i might get some dive socks. I really didn't have much sand rubbing my feet, which surprised me. I'm heading to a lakeside swimming beach/park Thurs and will use the shoes again

I was barefoot, but i might get some dive socks. I really didn't have much sand rubbing my feet, which surprised me. I'm heading to a lakeside swimming beach/park Thurs and will use the shoes again
Not much wave action in a lake :)))))) I get ponded in the surf and the biggest problem is rubbing sand in the shoes. Right now I wear Croc's with socks. Works well but the bottoms are worn out.
Looking for an alternative. Thanks for you input

HH
Donna(NJ)

Not much wave action in a lake :)))))) I get ponded in the surf and the biggest problem is rubbing sand in the shoes. Right now I wear Croc's with socks. Works well but the bottoms are worn out.
Looking for an alternative. Thanks for you input

HH
Donna(NJ)
With the NRS ATB wetshoe (and I'd bet the Mares Dew posted are similar) there is some sand that gets in when working in the water with waves, but not a lot. I wear plain old tube socks to keep my tender feet from blistering and it works well for me. I like the arch support in the hard soled boots. The arch support helps prevent recurrence of plantar fasciitis ... which the few times it has flared up keeps me out of the water for two to three months.

I tried Crocs several years back and got bits of shell and a lot of sand between my feet and the Crocs that I just did not want around my feet; both with and without socks; without socks I blistered a couple toes, quickly.

I will get some proper hard sole dive boots, ASAP. when available. My 8 hours w/shoes were in a gulf coast bay beach, w/mimimal waves, but sand still there. I just did the foot shake every once in a while, cleared them right up. I'll update after hitting the powder sand at lake beach.

Update on shoes.

Went water hunting for a couple of hours and whenever the shoes filled up with sand/silt from digging the target, I just stepped outta the silt and did the foot shake. Always clear the shoes quickly..

Wore them for 4 hours while hunting a soccer field and they were super comfortable. No noticeable wear yet. More water detecting this weekend

Dive boots are the way to go.
I spend many many hours in the water and on dry sand and my dive boots have done fantastic. No sand...nice and warm......and they go above my ankles which work with my wet suit and protect myself from any angry water creatures like jelly fish or stingrays.

Reactions: tvr
Dive boots are the way to go
As I've posted above, all dive boots I want and that are in my size, are sold out till Oct or later, so needs must. I'll buy a pair ASAP, we have a ton of jelly fish in the gulf and dive boots can allow you in the water. Which brand of boots do you use?

I've decided to start wearing the water shoes as a casual "running to the store shoe" as well as a water detecting shoe, to see how they hold up to increased hard surface walking.

They are the boots that came with my Titanium wet suit I bought about 20 years ago. I can still fit in that wetsuit and the boots have held up extremely well.