Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Safari li-Ion battery change question.

Goldstrike

Hi all...…….I have an RnB 3100 mAh li-ion battery in my Safari which has worked awesomely well for a long time now. I don't know much about things electrical so I have a question. RnB have come out with a 3400 mAh battery and I'm wondering if it will have any impact on the detector electronic components? Will a full charge just last longer in the field and not strain the circuitry?

I've really been off the radar for several months now due to an out of State move and a broken foot which has since healed, although I can still feel the screws and plate that was need for 2 broken bones!! Anyway, I, along with all of you are looking forward to Winter snow storms, rain and lower than normal temps ending and the ice that's been hanging around for way too long!! to melt.
Last year had to be the slowest year on record for most all metal detectorists judging by the lack of new post finds on the forums. I really hope that we can turn that around and make it a bonanza year for quality finds!!! I for one am going to try my best by putting in research hours and getting out there in hopefully virgin areas!! Happy hunting to you!!

I wish I could answer this question more sciencey but if it is made for the Safari it should do great and from what I have read will last longer per charge im eventually get another rechargeable pack but there pricey so for me AA'S will do for now so that 3400 MAh pack should be Awesome. Good luck bud glad your all healed up!

sasquache said:
I wish I could answer this question more sciencey but if it is made for the Safari it should do great and from what I have read will last longer per charge im eventually get another rechargeable pack but there pricey so for me AA'S will do for now so that 3400 MAh pack should be Awesome. Good luck bud glad your all healed up!

Thanks sasquache!! I used AA's for so long and was going through wayyyy too many. I tried Eneloops and other rechargable's but it was a pain to keep those all recharged all of the time. If you get the money together, the 3100 MAh is worth every penny and a great investment, also, I am not looking at the battery indicator all the time, especially when beach hunting. I can stay on the beach for many hours and still it has hardly lowered the charge on the battery!!! I'm figuring it should be fine as well so I'll order one. Actually, I was looking for a charger only for my 3100 but cannot find any on the usual sites or anywhere else. The Nimh charger is different to the Lithium Ion charger I believe and I didn't want to risk overcharging it!